NOW: How to Choose Body Lotion?
The quality of your skin is a very important facet of your appearance. Whether you want to display a great beach body or make your partner fall in love with you all over again, great skin can help you a lot! But for that great skin all over, you need a good body lotion.
It can give your skin the nourishment and moisture it requires after a hard days work and exposure to polluted air. A good body lotion can also serve specific purposes such as reduction of aging signs or hair growth on arms and legs. But the big question is: how to choose a body lotion?
If you are pondering over probable answers then you are definitely not alone. Thousands of others have the same question and are looking desperately for apt solutions. However, to make your job easier, here are some tips:
- Understand your skin type first. Dry skin calls for a lotion with extra moisturizers while oily skins need a lighter lotion which lets your skin breathe. A wrong choice of body lotion may be disastrous for your skin.
- If you have special needs, just another body lotion will not do. For example if you are looking to reduce the signs of aging on your skin, buy a lotion which has antioxidant properties. It may be more expensive than an ordinary body lotion, but serves your purpose nonetheless.
- If you have sensitive skin, consult your dermatologist before buying a body lotion. You may think that baby lotions will be fine, but they may also harm your skin if you have sensitive skin. So, getting medical advice is your best bet.
- Sample testing is always a smart move. Most beauty shops will allow you to check samples for allergies and reactions. If samples are not available, buy a small bottle instead to know whether the lotion suits you at all.
- Some lotions have a really strong aroma. It may be a turn off for people around you particularly if it clashes with your perfume to create a weird smell. Remember that the main purpose of a body lotion is to nourish your skin and not spread unique fragrances!
- Don’t think that the cheapest is the worst and the best ones are exclusive and expensive. This is wrong notion and bargain hunting, with an eye on the ingredients, can help you land a great product.
A good body lotion will help you get that skin of your dreams, so start looking now!