Treat Brittle Nails Naturally
Brittle nails or onychoschisis are simple nails that have dried out to such a degree that they are splitting or simply snapping off fingernails or toenails.
Seperation or breaking of the protein layers can occur in a person with split nails. Nail splitting is common in women. Treat Brittle Nails Naturally
The diagnosis of brittle nails is made when splitting of the nails is seen,easy breaking,peeling at the nails tips and inability to grow the nails out.
Brittle nails are often unsighty but have no significant long-term effects.They are not contagious and pose no risk to others. Treat Brittle Nails Naturally
Causes of Brittle Nails
- Repeated exposure to water
- Working with household cleaners
Overuse of nail polish remover
- Inflammation around the nails due to infections
- Prolonged exposure to cold or dry weather
- Sunburn or windburn
- Chlorine from swimming pool
- Shortage of calcium and essential fatty acids
- Repeated injury to the nails can lead to brittle nails
Tips To Avoid Brittle Nails
- Use gloves when washing dishes. Treat Brittle Nails Naturally
- Avoid drying cheminals such as nail polish remover.
- Refrain from washing hand regularly.
- Avoid wraps and artificial nails because when peeling them off it will remove layer of natue nails.
- Apply nail polish that contain ingredients like fluoride,protein and calcium and may help keep nails strong.
- Use an appropriate moisturizer will improves water content in your nails. Treat Brittle Nails Naturally
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily.This will help your body well hydrated.
Burts Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme is A MUST HAVE for the winter or for anyone that has dry, chapped hands and brittle nails.
Thank you for viewing this complete article, if you liked sharing it with your friends and do not forget to leave your comment.
Be sociable, share!